NATS Weekly #62
Published on Jan 30th, 2023
Weeks of January 23 - 29, 2023
News or announcements that don't fit into the other categories.
- 🤔 Are you still using NATS Streaming and have questions about JetStream? Sign-up for the NATS Streaming to JetStream Webinar on February 16! As a reminder, deprecation of NATS Streaming was announced in April 2021 and will conclude on June 1, 2023. At that point, no more bug or security fixes will be released.
- ⛵ Will you be in Cape Town next week? NATS creator and Synadia's founder and CEO, Derek Collison, will be presenting at Systems Distributed among a line-up of other fantastic speakers!
Official releases from NATS repos and others in the ecosystem.
- nats.java - v2.16.7
- nats.net - v1.0.3
- nats.rs - v0.27.0
- nats.c - v3.6.0
- nats-surveyor - v0.4.3
- nack - v0.9.2
- nats-box - v0.13.4
- k8s/nack - v0.20.1
- k8s/nats-surveyor - v0.15.1
Community created projects in the NATS ecosystem.
- orsinium-labs/walnats - NATS-powered event-driven background jobs and microservices framework for Python.
GitHub Discussions from various NATS repositories.
- nats.go - How to resume fetching messages after restart
- k8s - Idea: Split the service for NATS in two, one for cluster traffic and one for client/external traffic
- nats-adr - Consumer and Stream metadata internal fields
*New or updated official learning resources, such as *docs, screencasts, and examples, etc.
- Example - Change Data Capture via Debezium
- Example - Work-queue Stream (Java)