NATS Weekly #49
Published on Oct 24th, 2022
Week of October 17 - 23, 2022
News or announcements that don't fit into the other categories.
- ✨ A handful of Synadia folks are at Reactive Summit, CloudNativeCon, and KubeCon this week in Detroit. If you are there as well, please say hello! There are also two NATS-related talks:
- The State of NATS as a Reactive Substrate - Reactive Summit - Tuesday, October 25 - 10:10 - 10:30am
- Connect All the Things! Using NATS to Simplify Communication Everywhere - KubeCon - Thursday, October 27 - 2:30 - 3:05pm
- 🎟️ ICYMI last week, please join us for RethinkConn 2022, a half-day, virtual, and FREE event hosted by Synadia on November 10th!
Official releases from NATS repos and others in the ecosystem.
- k8s - nats v0.18.2
- Marmot replaced its internal replication implementation with NATS JetStream! See a video of the Marmot 0.4 release which includes this change.
GitHub Discussions from various NATS repositories.
- nats-server - ERR Log "attempted to connect to route port"
- nats.go - Deleting durable consumers when calling Drain()
New or updated official learning resources, such as docs, screencasts, and examples, etc.
- Did you know there are a handful of message acknowledgement mechanisms with a consumer available? Check out this updated section which covers the ack types and considerations for delivery.
- In NATS 2.9, a new set of template functions are now supported for account signing keys. This provides a much more flexible way to create scoped users.
- Documented the new
- Did you know there is an optimized path for detecting when there are no clients available to respond to requests for a particular subject? This is referred to no responders.