At Synadia we are pioneering a new way for digital systems to connect and communicate between cloud, on-premise, and edge securely, in real-time, and in any environment. We love open source software (OSS)! We maintain and lead the development of NATS - a next generation distributed communications platform.
Sr. Solutions Engineer Pre-Sales
Employment Type: Full-time
Level: Mid to Senior
As our team grows to satisfy the large demand for simple, fast, secure, cloud native messaging we need to add a Solutions Engineer to support the Sales team in pre-sales efforts. You will be playing a pivotal role in technical discovery, and helping potential customers understand how NATS satisfies their connectivity requirements. You will get to work with the thousands of companies who have adopted NATS for leading use cases such as: Edge Computing, IIoT, Multi-Cloud event messaging, and Data Streaming to name a few.
- Work with the Synadia sales & partner teams on initial discovery calls with NATS users to understand use case specifics, and what criteria are important in the selection or expanded use of a messaging and connectivity layer.
- Lead PoC/RFP responses to ensure the capabilities of NATS that are most relevant to a customer use case are fully understood.
- Between pre-sales meetings, own and drive the next steps internally with our Product and Engineering teams as appropriate.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role, with a technical software solution. Preferably in the Devops, Microservices or middleware area.
- Ability to build relationships, and be viewed as a partner to our prospects and customers.
- Proactive nature, and ability to quickly iterate on PoCs and technical presentations for customer stakeholders to meet the various sales stages.
- Ability to prototype with NATS and leading complimentary tools (Eg. Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Grafana, etc) - provide prototypes or technical examples specific to the potential customer use case.
- Enjoys exploring new open source technologies & using CLI tools.
- Strong knowledge of deploying and running apps on leading cloud vendors such as AWS, GCP, Azure.